When we made the decision to move to Charlotte 2 years ago I was scared out of my mind. Charlotte is a big city, on the east coast and I never actually believed there was anything East of the Utah/Colorado boarder.
When Sam was applying for jobs I told him that I didn't really want to live in California or anywhere on the East coast. One night he stayed up extremely late filling out job applications and in the morning he told me that he had applied for North Carolina. Ha. What were the changes that 2 years later, this is home. And we love it.
There are so many things to say, but can't be said.
Last night Sam came home at 5 pm, which is extremely early for the guy who is usually letting me he know that he is coming home around 11:30. He didn't tell me why for a while, but I was shocked to see him, none the less. It was made obvious just a few hours later when the protests uptown turned extremely violent.
We live just a little over 5 miles from uptown and I was constantly distracted by the thought of how quickly it could end up down here. I haven't seen or heard anything today (since I've locked myself in the house), but there was supposed to be a protest a block away from us.
Why can't anyone accept responsibility for their actions? Why are we constantly playing the blame game. Not all cops are bad. Not all white people are racist. And not all black people are here to tear up the city and want to shoot cops. But people need to take some responsibility.
No comments:
Post a Comment