Comfortable? Not quite. But it's worth being in the same room with my dear husband for 8 hours straight. Every Friday I find myself cleaning the house and making our bed so that we can have a date night of Flamin' Hot Funions and a movie. At least our bed is being used once a week, right? On Saturday night all of the blankets and pillows end up in the exact same place on the floor next to the couch until the next Friday.
In other news, our move to North Carolina is getting closer and closer. We finally have and apartment and called the bishop. All of my worries went out the door when Bishop Gustafson told us that the sister missionaries are living in the same building as we are and the elders are living in the complex right next to us. Could I be more excited? Probably not. However, I am not that excited about having to sell all of our furniture, so if you know anyone who wants a couch, coffee table, book shelf, or dinner table let me know. We talked about how we didn't want to have to buy all new things when we got to the East, but turns out that our shipping box really isn't that big and I refuse to pay for more than one.
If you know me at all, you know that I look for any excuse for treats an Pi day is one of those. We attempted to meet up with some friends at the local pie shop and were excited when we saw tha that there weren't very many people there- we're not huge fans of crowds. We figured it out minutes later when we were informed that they were all out of pie. Next best option? Cold Stone.
In other news, as much as I hate reading fashion and cooking blogs I find that I'm turning into one of them and feel that every blog post needs to include a recipe. I can't help it that all I want to do is try new things that I find on Pinterest... including quarter sized cookies. Puppies are cute, babies are cute, little cars are cute, little finger nail polish bottles are cute, and so are little cookies.
Little Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 stick of softened butter
½ cup brown sugar
½ c white sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup cake flour
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp baking soda
½ c mini chocolate chips
Mix together the butter and sugars. Add the egg and vanilla and
mix until combined. Sift in the flours, salt, and soda. Mix just until combined
and stir in the chocolate chips. Refrigerate until firm (or throw it in the
freezer). Preheat oven to 350 degress.
Scoop by ½ tsp onto the baking sheet. Bake for 5-8 minutes or
until desired doneness is reached.

No comments:
Post a Comment