side bar

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

May 23, 2010

4 days until graduation (Am I not currently almost at this place again? Has it really been 4 whole years? Dang). The more I think about it the more I think I am ready (Ready? I didn't even know what life was...) I never thought I would get to this point (I thought the second coming was going to happen before I graduated high school, I even had a major melt down the night before graduation) and in all honesty I feel like one morning I woke up and felt ready for high school and it has been the best thing and I wouldn't trade it for anything (debatable), but 3 years has been enough. I am ready for new adventures, new friends, just a new beginning (I thought college was going to be a new adventure- nothing compared to how I feel about moving across the country), basically college and life will be good - (I think I felt that life was going to get easy after high school graduation. False) not gonna lie, I'm still terrified out of my mind. I'm walking into the unknown here (Thank heavens I was only 4 hours from home at this point or I would've had a panic attack), but I am also really excited. Sign. I can't really explain it (I think it was like butterflies having a heart attack).

This would be an example of my awesome friends (insert cookie wrapper with 'Quincifer' written on it) aka once upon a time me and Jamison (What are high school friends without nick names?) Williams were working (Shout out to The Northampton House) on the last Saturday of my high school career( In truth, I never asked for that night off. I didn't really care). Epic, I know. But Meg, Paisley, Chloe, and German aka Taylor Rose came to visit us and brought us both cookies from Smart Cookie (Oh. Have you had their frozen hot chocolate? Amazing),but German (She got her name due to the fact that Colten thought she was a German exchange student) got hungry so she ate some of mine. Punk. jk. After work Jami drove us in yep... THE STANG (Remember that one time Jami won a mustang and we didn't go to the assembly because we didn't think that she would actually win and then she did?) to Meg's house where we played for a short amount of time. Well actually we just watched the last half hour of so of 'Lars & the Real Girl,' (in the holy women cave- no boys allowed. seriously) it was wonderful-ish. I'm not exactly sure seeing I only saw the last half hour- oh wait. I already said that, but it's fine (I was probably too busy texting older men or something).

So tonight I was texting (throwback to the days of texting all day and all night. Now I text my mom and my spouse. It's so nice) my dear friend Cody Elaine Brantley and in fact I think he will be the person I miss the most from high school. He told me that when he gets off his mission he is going to come visit me and my 4 children (What do you know, I'm married with no children and he's best friends with my best friend, Michelley. Funny how that works). haha. He is so great. I quite enjoy texting him and talking to him all the time, even though sometimes he can be snotty (One time he told me that my happiness bothered him), I sure think he is the greatest thing (probably because he bought me cold stone one time). It's fine. He's just a goober. 

(I feel like something is missing here....)

(Looks like I was texting older men instead of watching a movie with my girls...)Guess who just asked about you.
Oh no... who?
Andy. (Oh boy. The head cook, Don't get me started)
Am I allowed to ask what he asked?
He asked if we were STILL dating. 
haha... oh Andrew.
No Kidding. So can I ask how you feel about all this? (Uh oh. I generally avoid this question as much as possible)
All of this as in what Andy and everyone else has to say? (Told ya... trying to avoid the question)
Yeah and your feelings on our friendship.
I think what everyone has to say is funny. Our friendship... Well at the moment I'm still trying to figure out why you'd want to be besties with Jami instead of me. haha. (Trying to avoid the question again. Playing games is the easiest way out of this one)
I was kidding.
I know. We can tease each other about that, remember? (Trying to avoid the question again. More games)
Yes ma'am :)
How are you feeling about all this? 
I asked you first. (Uh oh... Can't get out of this one)
Oh wow.
What?
You're just a goober. That's all.(... and again)
Thanks. (Well you're welcome)
Anytime bestie. Just make sure you don't forget it. (....and again)
So. What are you thoughts?
Honestly. I think you're so great. (...I cracked. I didn't know what else to say)
Do you think we could be more than besties? (I'm the girl that liked to play the best friends game)
Is it bad if I say yes? (I think I recall being completely shocked with myself for saying this...)
Not bad at all :)
Okay.
I'm glad we had this chat. (I think avoiding this chat would've saved me a lot of  regret  and fights with my mom in the long run)

Oh heavens. I don't think I can deal with this. (You're right Quinci, you couldn't deal with it. You couldn't handle crossing the street by yourself at the time. You still thought boys had cooties. I also can't deal with the fact that this actually took part in one of my high school journal entries. I obviously didn't pay attention to those Young Women's lessons about 'soap opera' talk in journal writing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment