side bar

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Real World.

Once upon a time when I was a wee (almost) college graduate I always looked forward to what the future would hold.... I didn't exactly look forward to having to find housing in a far off land that I've never lived in, much less visited. Despite being the (self proclaimed) Queen of Housing in Rexburg, Idaho that really doesn't do you any good when the people of Charlottie haven't even heard of Idaho.

For as many apartments that I've looked at, for as many floor plans I've seen, and for as many reviews as I've read you'd think that I'd come up with a place that I'd like to call home. In Rexburg my only problems with apartments have been mold, loud upstairs neighbors, snow removal, and management coming into my apartment uninvited and causing our power bill to be $149.87 (Yes. I swallowed my pride and paid the bill). Not so bad, right? According to the Charlottie apartment reviews it looks like I might have to deal with packs of unsupervised children crawling all over the complex, lack of parking spaces, broken down doors and fences, and my neighbors getting arrested in the middle of the night. Sounds like a dream, right?

The realization that I'm moving is slowly creeping in. I cried during the baby blessing that took place on Sunday because it was a small reminder that my family isn't going to be around the corner for every single milestone that occurs in my life anymore. We're looking at plane tickets for May 19 and looking for cars. We're trying to figure out how to fit in all the family time before we make our way to our new home. I finally realized that taking my beloved couch isn't realistic (... so if you need one let me know), but that I'm finally going to have a real life night stand and understand that i'm going to sweat so much that there won't be any point in taking a shower.

Shout out to all of the grown ups that have survived transferring into the real world. Don't mind me while I go take a nap on my lady bug pillow pet with my strawberry shortcake blanket in the corner.




No comments:

Post a Comment