side bar

Monday, January 20, 2014

A series of ramblings.

Rambling 1:
I have a confession. There have been more than several times in my life when I have pretended to be sick- and just in case you are wondering, my entire senior year is not one of those times. Friday wasn't one of those days either. Throwback to my internship a little over a week ago where the kid sitting next to me talked about how cold he was and how bad his throat hurt. A few days later I came to find out that he had Strep Throat and ended up in the hospital... Classy.

Thursday night comes around and I'm dreaming about white spots taking over my throat, turning into a disease, and getting all of the seniors sick at Sugar-Salem High School. After waking up on Friday morning having a long conversation with myself and then with my husband we decided it would be better if I banished myself to my bed for the remainder of the day.

Now that I'm old and appreciate life I would never wish a sick day on anyone. I filled my time with sleeping until noon, talking to my mom for an hour and a half, cried while watching a Celine Dion documentary and her music videos for several hours, doing homework, and counting the popcorn on the ceiling. It was a welcome relief when Samuel came home around 5:00, made dinner, and watched a movie with me.

People told me that being sick when you were married was going to be great and it was. I had someone to make me chicken and rice soup for dinner, tuck me in, clean up the kitchen. People didn't tell me that it meant that I wasn't going to get a goodnight kiss.

Rambling 2:
Before I was married I always thought that the coolest thing about being in a married-student ward would be that people go to church to go to church, there's no fashion show looks, no guessing who is dating who or worrying about the Relief Society President breaking up with the Elders Quorum President, and not trying to get into a specific Sunday school class because there are treats (sometimes). While those are all great points, the best reason is the vast amount of small children. 

Let's put this into perspective. There are approximately 56 families in our ward and the majority of them have children. I'm one of the 10 couples that don't have children and I'm also the primary music leader. Therefore making me the coolest person in sacrament meeting. This morning I spent my time singing 'He Sent His Son' with our 6 primary children and  'Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star' with the 12 nursery kids. When it came time for Sacrament Meeting one of my nursery friends and her family came and sat on the same row and while it took almost half the meeting for her to warm up for me, we were best friends by the end. 

Rambling 3:
My days are spent walking the halls of Sugar-Salem High School, sending e-mail from the Housing and Student Living Office, becoming more familiar with The Family: A Proclamation to the World , and learning how to be a counselor. While I spend all my time busier than I would generally prefer,  I am constantly counting down the days until we're packing up and heading out on a new adventure. Don't ask me if i'm doing my homework, because I'm probably looking at apartments. Don't ask me if I'm sleeping well, because I'm dreaming about green trees and sweltering hot weather. 


No comments:

Post a Comment