side bar

Monday, January 13, 2014

Here we go (again).

Lets stop to take a minute to think about how I'm starting my 4th blog in a short amount of time. You could say that I'm afraid of blog commitment, but I think that this one will stick.

It's been quite an inconvenient week. I've had the strangest desire to blog for the past several days and would walk to and from home constantly repeating through my mind what I would write and now that I'm making the time to sit down and relieve my brain... I can't remember any of it. Typical. I am quite appreciative of the fact that I finally feel like I have some time to take a deep breath and look at social media some other time that when I'm taking a quick bathroom break (to far?).

The realization that my time here is coming to a close came last night as I gave my last on-campus volunteer training. Standing at the front of the room and talking to the different volunteers I realized that I blinked and my time here has flown by and will continue to fly by as this is the busiest semester that I have experienced in college. I remember 5 semesters ago when I was  talking to a friend who was graduating and she talked about how BYU-Idaho was like a dream. Whelp, I'm here to say that it has been a dream and it will be over in as little as 14 weeks.

Enough of the future. Back to the present.

Friday night I may or may not have skipped a portion of the (mandatory) training to attend and Sam's internship party. Oops. When I got home around 9:00 we decided that we were exhausted, got ready for bed and were sound asleep before 10:00.

Saturday started with celebration waffles at around noon. What's better than celebrating our survival after the first week of craziness? We didn't shower until around 6 pm when we needed to get out of the house. (Marital tip: Despite not leaving the house. Shower and get ready for the sake of your spouse.) Since we started dating our favorite date night was walking up and down the isles at the local grocery store, so it wasn't long before we ended up standing in the middle of Broulims looking for the ingredients for our food adventure Sunday night. Seeing that we're working our brains throughout the week it was time for a break. Our movie adventure consisted of Sam watching James Bond on his laptop and me watching North & South on my laptop. Next to each other. Perfectly happy.

Marriage is  blessing. My husband is a blessing. This is just turning into a sappy Sam-loving post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment