side bar

Monday, February 10, 2014

Poetry

Roses are red.
Violets are blue.
We went out looking for cars this weekend....
and I'm not ready for real life grown up things such as a monthly car payment.

I feel really fortunate that I feel like I'm beginning to master this thing called marriage (I know... I've still got a long way to go) and am glad that Samuel and I have had some time to adjust to adulthood before moving across the country on our own. The problem is that I haven't quite mastered keeping my clothes off the floor and into my closet.

Friday night date night consisted of test driving Hyundais, a quick $100 trip to Kohls (where we got everything on sale), hot fudge sundaes from McDonalds and a long drive to and from Idaho Falls.

In all seriousness finding a car is a lot bigger of a deal and a lot more expensive than I ever thought. Yesterday as we sat down to figure out our moving expenses and our Charlotte budget and we're going to be living off of love, and faith, and kindness, and creativity, and patience, and food storage. There is something to be said about being poor college students, living off of Pell grants, student loans, part time income and living in subsidized housing. There is something to be said about being graduated and poor.... not having to get used to creating all of our own income. My testimony of tithing is really going to be tried, tested, and increased in the next several months.

And as much as I'm currently loving the cold, snowy weather and the bizzare comments currently being made in my pregnancy classes, I'm ready to pack up and move.

3 months to go....

No comments:

Post a Comment