It was planned last minute, but made the top of my list of favorite vacations. That probably has to do with the fact that our little family was together all day long and after Sam's long hours for the first few months of work, that's just what we needed.
1. Fried Alligator tail and Alligator Gumbo.
2. Trolley tour around Savannah. My number 1 recommendation. It was fantastic. (Tip. Don't buy tickets from someone on the side of the road. You may begin to worry about the fact that someone just ripped you off and stole your credit card information. Don't worry.... It all turned out great.)The sites were amazing and the tour guides were hilarious. Ezra loved hanging out with his dad during the ride.
3. Cuban food. We took the shady free city bus for a half hour to get close to River Street where we tasted cookies and picked out a magnet for our wall. After spending a significant amount of time trying to figure out where to go to dinner we ended up walking 15 minutes to Rancho Alegre (..which just so happens that it was right across the street from our hotel). The meal was amazing, the waitress was the absolute best, and Ezra loved checking out the company.
4. After our first day of checking out Savannah and pushing Ezra around in his stroller, he was exhausted and we could tell. After dinner I carried him across the street to the hotel and as soon as we walked in our room door Ezra busted up laughing. It was the best.
5. Forsyth Park. I love the way Savannah is laid out and all of the different little parks. I loved the water fountain and the listening to people's responses to the guy standing on the side who was campaigning for the Bern-dog.
6. Seeing a cannon be shot off at Fort Pulaski. It was loud, thankfully Ezra and I weren't close but it was loud. How often does someone get to hear and/or see a cannon be shot?
7. Fort Jackson. I missed out on most of this on behalf of a very tired and hungry baby, but loved what I saw including the moat and the original artwork left by the soldiers on the ceiling.
9. For a long time seeing a lighthouse has been on my bucket list and I didn't just see the Tybee Island Lighthouse, I climbed it. All 178 of them with a 16 pound baby attached to me. The view was amazing, but the workout was a little rough.
10. Eating at the Crab Shack and hanging out with the Alligators. It was a day to try Crab, Mussels, and Crawfish.






No comments:
Post a Comment