side bar

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Motherhood...

is wondering why my baby likes his play mat better than snuggling with me.
is not showering until 7 pm.
is having a phone full of only baby pictures.
is laying on the play mat together.
is just assuming that it's poop.
is only cleaning the house and showering while he is sleeping so we can play all day.
is constantly wondering if I am doing a good job.
is wondering if he knows how much I love him.
is wondering when he is going to wake up every time I put him down for a nap.
is getting hit in the face several times while you're nursing.
is realizing that the only time I left the house today was to take out the garbage.
is loving every single day even when it is full of the same things (...diaper changes, naps, feedings, playing, cleaning, etc.)
is thinking that I am the worst mom ever because on the day I have a headache we don't play as much.
is making my child take a nap just so I can have one.
is driving 30 minutes to pick my husband up from work instead of him taking the train to spend some quiet time together.
is being a pro at swaddling.
is not being phased by a blow out during church.
is staying up to snuggle your baby because that's the only way he will sleep.
is feeling accomplished when you find a babysitter that you trust.
is going to the store to get milk and always finding yourself in the baby isle.
is making a list of toys they need when they're too little for toys.
is accidentally talking to your husband in baby talk.
is being able to change a diaper without getting peed on.
is finally understanding all the mom jokes people put online.
is constantly having spit up in my hair.
is waking up in the middle of the night wondering why I brought this sweet baby into this crazy world, and then remembering that I have a Heavenly Father who loves him more than I could ever know and wouldn't allow him to come if he didn't have a plan.
is stopping in the middle of the isle at the grocery store to talk to my little guy when he finally wakes up and getting weird looks from those passing by.
is reading 'The Little Blue Truck' 10 times a day.
is having your heart explode when the babysitter sends you a picture of them.
is becoming best friends with any grandmother in the grocery store.
is constantly checking on them during nap time.
is snuggling with him on the couch instead of cleaning my house when dinner guest will be coming over.
is being upset about having to get up in the middle of the night for a feeding and then seeing his sweet face and forgetting all about what time it is.
is being able to talk about my little guy for hours and hours.
is singing 'The Wheels on the Bus' before every diaper change.

No comments:

Post a Comment