side bar

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Thanks (...continued)

Yesterday was spent at our ward Christmas breakfast, laying on the couch watching Burn Notice with our free month trial of Netflix while trying to eat some homemade chicken and waffles, grocery shopping, not cleaning the house, and then the night ended with sitting on couch (again) and watching Mormon Messages while crying my eyes out. 

While my life isn't exactly as I would have pictured it before moving here or even as I would have pictured it a few months ago, it's perfect. The loss of a pregnancy early on, the opportunity to see the lives of those around us changed through the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the chance to babysit for a family while they attend ARP together each week, making friends in the ward through home/visiting teaching and our callings, the ability that we have had to buy a Christmas tree for a family in the ward, and down with Sam each night to talk about how we have seen the Lord's hand in our lives that day has turned my life into something more meaningful that would have been expected. 

Only recently have we felt a love for Charlotte and our ward (...don't worry mom, this doesn't mean we're staying forever) and I know that the Lord has given us some of the trials that we have had to make it so. I'm grateful for the reality of a Heavenly Father who loves us and wants the best for us. It will come, but in his timing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment