After listening to rain, lightening, and thunder continually
for about 30 minutes on Thursday night, I took back what I said about wanting
to see a real Southern storm. It wasn't as fun as I thought it was going to be and in fact, it was terrifying. Although Hurricane Arthur didn't actually hit us,
the storm that was trying to move the Arthur East and save the coast did hit
us. Let’s be honest, I don’t care if it was a hurricane or not, I've never seen
a storm like this before.
Sam had left around 6:45 to head out to go on splits with
the missionaries and I was at home preparing for a group meeting. He was back before 7:15 because the roads were
flooding and there was no possible way that our car was going to be pulling a “MagicSchool Bus” and turning into a submarine.
After he left, I was worried that the power was going out so
I turned off all the lights, the AC, the fans, and the TV and sat in the middle of the couch with
my handy dandy flash light saying prayers of thanks that we brought our food
storage from Idaho and replenished our water supply recently.
The funny thing about this storm was that it was still hot
outside. So hot that I quickly changed into one of Samuel’s my t-shirts that
could be mistaken for a dress, minus the karate reference on the front.
Everything was going great and my nerves were calm until lightening struck right outside our window, killed our TV and fried our internet modem and I looked on my phone to see that there were tornado warnings just a half hour away. Oh boy.
First world problems, right? Thankfully our TV is less than a month old and still covered under warranty and we were only out internet for a day and a half, we were both devastated about not being able to do homework/series 7 studying. Not. As for the tornado, I had to think back to the dreams I had before I got out here reminding myself to sit in the bathtub with all the quilts that my mom gave me and I would be a safety kid.
Also. Is this the right time to bring up the fact that I've been Diet Coke free for an entire year?
No comments:
Post a Comment