On Sunday after sacrament meeting, we were able to meet 2 of the 4 missionary companionship's in our ward and I was so excited, that I may or may not have signed up to feed the missionaries 3 different times this month. I can't help it when a dinner calendar is placed in front of me, okay?
One of the sister companionship's texted me last night and asked if I would be willing to go to an appointment with them today. I picked them up (...at the apartment complex we were supposed to live at) and we were on our way. One thing that I've come to love about missionaries is how friendly they are- as soon as they got in my car we were best friends. It's interesting to think about how we may be the same age, but our lives are so different. As I walked out the door, Sam told me that I was putting on my "Sister Whatcott" missionary badge that I never got to put on. Would I ever trade my year and a half of marriage for a mission? Never. This has definitely been the right mission.
We headed down the street to visit a young mother in the ward whose husband had been meeting with the elders and whose son had not yet been baptized. As we stood on her front lawn, we spent a lot of time learning about her and her situation, talking about the importance of daily scripture reading and talking to her son about what he thought the importance of baptism was. I don't know what I expected from someone who came from circumstances unlike mine, but I was so impressed about the open conversations between this mother and her son about the gospel. There was no guessing that she had a testimony and was trying her hardest. There was no guessing that she did everything she could to help him to make the right choice.
I am already loving the opportunities that the south is providing me with and cannot wait to begin my missionary dinners.
No comments:
Post a Comment