side bar

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

"Don't Punch Are Car"

Although there was a large miracle in and of itself when it came to buying a car, the one thing that really stood out to me yesterday as we went from dealer to dealer was the responses that I got when asked the questions "so what are you going to do?"

I'm sure the salesman wasn't expecting me to say I wanted to be a stay-at-home mom, but I did. Now that I think of it, just to make it seem a little more shocking, I should have told him that I also have a bachelors degree in Marriage and Family studies. As soon as he learned of my greatest aspiration, he looked at Sam and let him know (as if he didn't already know) that he was going to have to make a lot of money to support that. Sam simply replied that me wanting to be a stay-at-home mom  was one of the reasons he married me.

How many times have I seen that being a stay-at-home mom as something that I can't afford NOT to do. I've never really seen motherhood as an act of faith in regards to fiances, it was just what you did. The world has some different eyes.

After Sam had spent days and days driving through Charlotte in a rental car, we were ready to have our own car. We got up early Monday morning to being our search and only after a 3 hour trip up North, a European salesman, an salesman that was unnecessarily pushy, a salesman who lost the name tag that had the correct spelling of his name, we finally found our guy.

This Toyota Matrix had been traded in just days before, had brand new tires, and 53000 miles.The price was a serious miracle and after a couple of hours and several signatures, we were on our way.

Hooray to new adventures in our own car.


No comments:

Post a Comment