side bar

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

22 birthday facts for my 22nd birthday.

1.  This was one of the best birthdays due to the fact because of the 2 hour time difference; I was FINALLY able to win the birthday race. I've spent my whole life 2 minutes behind Colten, and today I was 2 hours ahead. It was sure a sweet little victory. (flashback to 2008)

2. For my 10th birthday I got my first Celine Dion CD. For my 22nd birthday, thanks to my mother and Samuel, I got 2 Celine Dion CD’s. Don’t be upset if you hear me singing her classics 2000 miles away. Who doesn't love Celine? 

3.  2 of my favorite people came for dinner: Sister Merrill and Sister Steinagel.

4. It’s quite ironic that I don’t like birthday cake, but had to go hunting for birthday cake m&m’s last night before Target closed?

5.  Dinner consisted of Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad and watermelon. 

6. My shopping list for Samuel on his way home from work consisted of Creamy Caesar Salad Dressing, a red onions and kisses. I just wanted a kiss. I didn't know he was going to actually bring me home some chocolate kisses. I've got absolutely no complaints.

7. One of my favorite birthday presents was Travis, my beloved fish. 

8. I may not like cake, but I LOVE doughnuts. I figured since it was my birthday, that’s what we would have. I spent all afternoon working to bake a beautiful batch of chocolate doughnuts. While they may still have tasted like cake, they were made from scratch and looked the part. Success.

9. One of my favorite birthday memories was Youth Day before my 18th Birthday.

10. 10 years ago, I entered the Young Women’s Program.

11. I've never been so excited in my whole entire life to get a chapstick. 

12. Reading through the birthday wishes from all my friends back in the Housing & Student Living Office really make me want to go back. This is my first birthday in 3 years that I haven’t had to work on my birthday.

13. I was very humbled by the gifts from my mom & family, mother-in-law, and sister-in-laws.

14. I am very humbled by all the "happy birthdays" I received today through calls, texts, and FB messages. 

15. For my 6th birthday I received a barbie lock journal and wrote every boy's name in it that I had ever known. Favorites included my brothers friends, the boy whose tooth I pulled out, the boy who tripped me on the play ground, the neighbor boys, and the boy I met at the bottom of the yellow slide.

16.  My birthday was celebrated in 3 different states today: Utah, Idaho, and North Carolina.

17.  This is the 3rd birthday I've spent away from my twin brother.

18.  The only time I heard the Taylor Swift song "22" today was when I read it on the back of the envelope from the sisters: "It feels like a perfect night (To have dinner with the sister missionaries)." I appreciate that mucho.

19.  Samuel got me purple pens (among many other things) for my birthday (18 days  after we met) and I knew that he was a keeper. I prefer to only write in purple pen.

20.My mom sends some of the best birthday packages. 


21. I'm going to bed tonight and my kitchen is a mess and I don't even care. 

22. I don't feel any older than I did when I was 21. or 20 or 19 In fact, I feel a little like 18. 

No comments:

Post a Comment