side bar

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Observations from Charlotte

1. It is hotter than any sauna I've been in. Our apartment reached 85 degrees at 8:00 pm and my hair and make up haven't been done since I've been here. What's the point? The humid air melts away any looking goodness in a matter of seconds. Hooray for bobby pins, hair elastics, and head bands.

2. While I was at the airport there was a lady who welcomed me to the bathroom and wiped the counter down so that I wouldn't get water on my shirt while I was washing my hands. Hello Southern hospitality!

3. There are SOOO MANY TREES. More trees than people. It's amazing.

4. Regardless of the speed limit on the freeway, go 70 mph.

5. Since yesterday morning I've seen approximately 18 different churches. None of which look like the LDS church across the street from my house.

6. The look on the waiters face at Waldhorn, the German restaurant down the street, when we told him we wanted water to drink was priceless. Apparently they're famous for their German beers.

7. I'm not the only white person in the state, but I am the minority. Majority is Indian. Bizarre.

8. The South needs the grid system. How do people find anything?

9. We are the newest members of the VIC program at Harris Teeters. Wanna know why? They have cookie samples.  Also, the young many who was helping us become members told my brother-in-law, Ben, to come back and check up.

10.  Since everyone is 2 hours behind us, I feel like I'm missing out on a lot. In my mind they have longer days and I'm not quire sure if I think that's a good thing or a bad thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment