side bar

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles.

We did it. We finally did it. We purchased my (one-way) ticket to Charlotte. With a layover in New York.

As of right now the plan is that Samuel and my mysterious brother-in-law, Ben, will be flying out of Sacramento at least a week a head of me to do things such as buying a car, finding an apartment, and get the internet set up while I stay back in Utah spending a few more days eating Cafe Rio with my family, saying some goodbyes, and  working on my online class.

I know that I keep saying this, but I cannot believe how quickly time has gone. We're down to a little over a month and a half until graduation and from there it's going to be a month of packing/cleaning/de junking, welcoming home a missionary in sunny California , and other such fun.

Besides contemplating creating a countdown chain o cleaning my house, I've been spending 12 hours a week (soon to be 17) sitting in the counseling office at Sugar-Salem High school doing a whole bunch of nothing. While I'm so appreciative of the chance to complete my 160 required internship hours, I feel that there are probably some way more beneficial ways to do so.

My responsibilities consist of turning on the computer, looking up the failing students, telling those students that they're failing, and helping with lunch duty on Friday during second lunch. Someday's we have very little student interaction, while other days make me feel just like I'm in high school again.

My time in Sugar City this week wasn't made any better by the fact that my iphone died... leaving me to do homework, look at every apartment in Charlotte, and building  up my army of recipes on Pinterest in my time of boredom.

Seeing that my life isn't getting more exciting, maybe I need to go back to finding some adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment