side bar

Friday, January 3, 2014

The Final Countdown.

I remember when I first moved to college like it was yesterday. My roommate and I had been e-mailing back and forth and I couldn't wait for what was to come. We spent the entire semester hiding out in our apartment- leaving only for classes, church, the occasional date, and trips to the store- but I had the best first semester that I could've dreamed. I was majoring in Early Childhood Special Education and couldn't even begin to tell you what my plans for life were. All I knew was that I would eventually leave this place with a degree, I was 4 hours from home, my dorm mom was 8 doors down if I needed her, and I was going to live in Utah for the rest of my life.

Now I've been married for a year, I've worked in the Housing and Student Living Office for 4 years, I'm graduating with a degree in Marriage and Family Studies, and am definitely moving out of Utah.

Oh how things have changed.

The final countdown is (finally) here. There is so much to look forward to in the coming weeks and months that I can only imagine how fast it's going to go by. In 2 days my sweet husband is taking me to see Celine Dion in Las Vegas, which is a dream come true as well as our farewell to the west side of the United States. In 4 days my last semester in Rexburg begins with 14 credits, working, and my internship and being a wife. In 14 short weeks I will be wearing a cap and gown. In 5 months my mysterious brother-in-law will be returning from his mission in Washington. At the the very end of that 5 months we're off and onto our new adventure in Charlottie.

No comments:

Post a Comment