Getting pregnant after a miscarriage is one of the most anxiety filled experiences that I've ever had. There were many times I would end up back at the doctors office the day after I had an appointment just to make sure everything was still okay or ask for an ultra sound even when we didn't have one scheduled. Good thing my doctor is a champ and knows that little babe is single handedly trying to keep her practice in business and that the after hour nurses are just a phone call away.
We didn't find out that we were pregnant with this little one until he was almost 9 weeks. I had been sick and miserable, but we figured that it was just the hormone medication that I was taking to help my body return to it's normal state. We were both shocked when the doctor told us we were pregnant. I figured that I wouldn't be more than 2 or 3 weeks along seeing that I had an ultrasound on December 12 and I was not pregnant. I repeat, I was not pregnant. I saw with my very own eyes. The beginning of January when we went in to see if we could tell how far along baby was it caught us completely off guard when we saw a little tiny baby-like figure on the screen. Not at all like any other ultrasound we had previously had. Our baby was 8 1/5 weeks and looked like a real baby.
Because it has been tax season, I've been heading to several of my appointments alone and was shocked when my doctor offered to tell me the sex of the baby 3 weeks before planned. I was torn about what to do because Samuel wasn't with me AND I had had a dream the previous night that it was a girl. Woof. I figured that we would both be really sad that I didn't accept the offer, so I kept my eyes closed the entire time and she put the pictures of our baby and their gender reveal in an envelope for me to take to Samuel. When I texted him and asked him when his lunch was, I'm sure he thought something was wrong, but I just couldn't wait to share the news. I ran to Wal-mart and got a Cheerwine and a Cherry 7-up because we needed some sort of celebratory drink, right?
We were so excited to see that we were having a little boy. What's better than cars, action figures, sports, and a mama's boy?
We didn't find out that we were pregnant with this little one until he was almost 9 weeks. I had been sick and miserable, but we figured that it was just the hormone medication that I was taking to help my body return to it's normal state. We were both shocked when the doctor told us we were pregnant. I figured that I wouldn't be more than 2 or 3 weeks along seeing that I had an ultrasound on December 12 and I was not pregnant. I repeat, I was not pregnant. I saw with my very own eyes. The beginning of January when we went in to see if we could tell how far along baby was it caught us completely off guard when we saw a little tiny baby-like figure on the screen. Not at all like any other ultrasound we had previously had. Our baby was 8 1/5 weeks and looked like a real baby.
Because it has been tax season, I've been heading to several of my appointments alone and was shocked when my doctor offered to tell me the sex of the baby 3 weeks before planned. I was torn about what to do because Samuel wasn't with me AND I had had a dream the previous night that it was a girl. Woof. I figured that we would both be really sad that I didn't accept the offer, so I kept my eyes closed the entire time and she put the pictures of our baby and their gender reveal in an envelope for me to take to Samuel. When I texted him and asked him when his lunch was, I'm sure he thought something was wrong, but I just couldn't wait to share the news. I ran to Wal-mart and got a Cheerwine and a Cherry 7-up because we needed some sort of celebratory drink, right?
We were so excited to see that we were having a little boy. What's better than cars, action figures, sports, and a mama's boy?
I may be 18 weeks 6 days, but little babe is measuring at 19 weeks 3 days and weighs 10 ounces. Baby loves being breech and kicking my bladder.
My Belly Band has been the best purchase I've made in the last 2 weeks.
I lost 5 pounds due to morning sickness and have recently gained those back making my total pregnancy weight gain at this point 0. This is mostly a problem because for the most part I still don't have an appetite. Unless it involves potato salad, Flamin' H ot Cheetos, pepper jack cheese, popsicles, or a double cheese burger.
The only thing that I have really craved this pregnancy is watermelon. Unfortunately it isn't summer quite yet. Fortunately I have some friends who found a baby watermelon for me. I wouldn't call my pepper jack cheese love a craving, it's more of a saving grace. It's just my go-to food.
Baby hates milk and butter.
This pregnancy I was introduced to the magic of Zofran and still have to take it a few times a week.
My main food aversion was chicken. Let's talk about how ironic that is given my current employment...
Movement? Oh yeah. This babe is a total mover. I started feeling little bubble-like sensations around 16 1/2 weeks when I would be laying in bed, but within the past week and a half or so he has made his presence known every time I sit or lay down. My ultra sound tech told me today that it's because my placenta is below him most of the time.
Still working. Planning to until I can't anymore. It helps time go by much faster and they don't make me carry anything, or reach for anything, or bend over. I keep pretzels in my pockets at all time, sit down when needed, and I think everyone assumes I'm a teen mom. My pants don't button anymore and that is becoming a slight problem.

No comments:
Post a Comment