side bar

Saturday, December 20, 2014

24 Fun Facts about our 24 Fun Months of Marriage.

1. Since our first anniversary was spent finishing up the semester and driving down to Utah, we decided to take a little trip for our second anniversary down to Charleston, South Carolina.

2. Sam sleeps on the right side of the bed. I sleep on the left. I'm not sure why, but I'm a chicken and hate sleeping by doors and usually the left side of the bed keeps me far, far away.

3. We've lived in 2 different states, Idaho and North Carolina. People in Idaho know where North Carolina is. People in North Carolina don't know where Idaho is.

4. My favorite marriage talk is "Except the Lord Build the House..." from President Hinckley in the June 1971 Ensign.

5. I used to think that we hated traveling and would prefer to be home bodies (which is still partly true) but the past 6 months we have come to fall in love with road trips and making sandwiches with pickles for lunch while driving. I think one reason why we love road trips is because it isn't a 4 hour drive from Rexburg to American Fork every weekend.

6. (Almost) Every Monday, as a part of Family Night, we have companionship inventory and each set one personal goal and one couple goal.

7. The blessings of tithing are real. Words cannot describe the blessings that we have seen from following this commandment.

8. If we get into any sort of argument, saying "spoon" or "sorry I ruined your life" will instantly calm the mood. (I suggest starting out with this in some not-so-tense situations just in case.)

9. Samuel is a great sport when it comes to my cooking. I really want to be a great cook, but if I mess up a recipe or it doesn't turn out right you better get out of my way. And not talk to me for 2 days. And not talk about it ever again. And not tell anyone. And just let me clean it up all by myself so I can make you think it never happened. And don't ask me to try it again.

10. A couple of weeks ago we went to Chipotle. And I liked it. And we've eaten there twice since.

11. There was a period of 4 1/2 weeks when I did not make Samuel's lunch, but other than that, I have made it almost ever day since we got married.

12. Our favorite Saturdays consist of not working, laying on the couch, and watching cooking shows all day. America's Test Kitchen is our absolute favorite.

13. We decided to try and be crafty. and by crafty, I mean buying a piece of plywood and mod podging a map to it so that we can document all of our adventures. We're excited, but this is already costing us waaaay to much.

14. The best marriage books I've read have been: The Proper Care and Feedings of Husbands (Dr. Laura), The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work (John M. Gottman), Strengthening Marriages and Families & Strengthening our Families (BYU), The 5 Love Languages (Chapman), and The Book of Mormon.

15. Samuel used to take the train the bus to work. Now I drive him and pick him up every morning. and I love that extra hour everyday we get to spend together, especially when we're both hilarious in the morning.

16. Although groceries are pretty dang expensive out here (...especially any sort of fruit or vegetable),  we still love grocery shopping and it continues to be one of our favorite date nights.

17. Sometimes Sam doesn't want to go to work. Sometimes I don't want to do the laundry. Guess what. We do it anyways.

18. This year we decided that each Christmas we will buy each other a new book.

19. Some people collect shot glasses or ornaments when they go cool place but we collect magnets. From BYU-Idaho to Celine Dion, from Glacier National Park to the Lincoln Memorial, from Yellowstone to Alcatraz we have a total of 29. And we love looking at them. We just need to find a new home for them because the side of our fridge is getting a little full.

20. Samuel is the best trip planner. From our Civil War Tour to our time in Charleston. He wins the trip planning prize(s).

21. John Denver sings to our soul. Rocky Mountain High, Country Road Take Me Home, and Annie's Song are some of our favorites.

22. We love Taco Bell. End of story.

23. Samuel is the best at shopping for me. He always finds the deals and the hidden gems.

24. Since the day we got engaged, each day I take a moment to write one thing I love about Samuel in a little book. I gave him his first completed book with 867 things I love about him and am currently working on the second book.

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever watched Master Chef Junior? It's the best!

    ReplyDelete