side bar

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Billy Graham Library

One of the first things that I did when I came to Charlotte was to create an ice cream bucket list. The second thing that I did was to create a list of all the sites that I needed to see in the immediate area and the third thing that I did was to find a list of the top 50 free things to do in Charlotte. The Billy Graham Library was on 2 o those 3 lists.

I wasn't quite sure how my experience would pan out. To be completely honest, I went to Alcatraz thinking that it was going to be a very spiritually, uplifting experience. Odd, I know (it wasn't, just in case you were wondering). For some reason I tend to connect significant places with spiritual experiences (...how can I not do that? The only really significant places that I've ever been is the temple or temple square, etc. I know, I need to get out more often).

Although I was a little taken back when we pulled up and had to go through security when we got there, the man was kind enough to let us know that they had been waiting for us. 

We walked through the 13 rooms and were able to learn more about the life of Billy Graham, his wife Ruth, and their adventures in sharing God's love to all the world. I was amazed to see the influence that he has on the leaders and the opportunities that he had. 

I honestly don't even know what else to say about it.

Check it out for yourself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment